About the Office of National & International Fellowships
Many fellowships require candidates to enter the competition through their university or alma mater, which in turn sponsors the candidate. Our office provides assistance to LMU students and alumni interested in pursuing fellowships that support their academic and career goals. Through ONIF, students can learn about fellowship opportunities available through governments, private donors, foundations, civic organizations, and corporations. We also offer strategic planning and advice for submitting a competitive application package.
To get an overview of various funding opportunities, click on Fellowship Listings. Students interested in applying for fellowships are encouraged to schedule an appointment with ONIF or call 310.338.3792.
Strategies for undergraduate and graduate students who want to make the most of their time at LMU. We can help you:
- Compete for external awards in your major, discipline, or other special interest areas
- Search for and earn placements in programs that build your resume and enhance your
- Identify funding opportunities for postgraduate study in the US and abroad
- Write a cogent personal statement that effectively highlights your story
- Request supportive letters of reference that speak to specific fellowship opportunities
- Discover the range of options for LMU alumni, graduate, and undergraduate students
- Highlight candidate strengths effectively in your letter
- Navigate online reference systems
- Connect your professional, research, or creative interests to LMU's high-achieving students
Download the Fellowships Chart for a quick preview of the opportunities available to you.