- Southern California RJ Consortium Empowerment Evaluation
- School-Based Restorative Justice Laws: A State-by-State Analysis – Georgetown Law Center on Poverty and Inequality
- Exclusionary School Discipline Legislative Trends – Georgetown Law Center on Poverty and Inequality
- Transformative School-Community-Based Restorative Justice: An Inquiry into Practitioners' Experiences – White, Ariane. Loyola Marymount University ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2019
- Evaluation Practices of Early Adopters of Restorative Justice Responses to Student Sexual Misconduct on College Campuses – Wade, Julia Maureen. University of California, Los Angeles
- Equity-Oriented Restorative Justice Resource Library
This library was developed through the UCLA Center for the Transformation of Schools CA MTSS Research Consortium, a network of educators and scholars who are experts in issues of race, education and school climate.
- National Association of Community and Restorative Justice
Promotes effective forms of justice that are safe, just, equitable, sustainable, reparative, and socially constructive, addressing crime, conflict, incivility, injustice, and all forms of harm.
- Restorative Justice on the Rise
Public dialogue on justice to provide connection, advocacy, education, and inspired action as a public service to individuals and communities seeking to proactively improve relationships and structures within their spheres and our world.
- Catholic Mobilizing Network
A restorative justice approach undergirds opposition to the death penalty, centers the needs of victim-survivors, promotes racial equity, honors indigenous peacemaking tradition, and actualizes forgiveness and reconciliation.
- Living Justice Press - A nonprofit publisher for Restorative Justice since 2002
- Colorizing Restorative Justice edited by Edward C. Valandra and Waŋbli Wapȟáha Hokšílang
- Beyond the Surface of Restorative Practices: Building a Culture of Equity, Connection, and Healing by Marisol Quevedo Rerucha
- The Little Book of Race and Restorative Justice by Fania Davis
- The Little Book of Racial Healing by Jodie Geddes and Thomas DeWolf
- Circle Forward: Building a Restorative School Community by Carolyn Boyes-Watson and Kay Pranis
- Moving Toward Racial Equity in Schools—Starting with the Adults by Carolyn Boyes-Watson and Kay Pranis
- Creating Restorative Schools: Setting Schools Up to Succeed by Martha A. Brown, Ph.D.
- Indigenous Community Rekindling the Teachings of the Seventh Fire by Gregory A. Cajete, Ph.D.
- Returning To the Teachings: Exploring Aboriginal Justice by Rupert Ross
- Fumbling Towards Repair: A Workbook for Community Accountability Facilitators by Mariame Kaba and Shira Hassan
- Certificate in RJ Leadership and Facilitation - USD Center for Restorative Justice
- RJ on the College Campus - USD Center for Restorative Justice
- Restoring Relationships in the Classroom with Restorative Practices
- At This Oakland High School, Restorative Justice Goes Far Beyond Discipline
- Southern California Restorative Justice Consortium
- Restorative Justice in Oakland Schools: Tier One. Community Building Circle
- 60-Second Strategy: Community Circles - Edutopia
- Empathy Development Indigenous Culture Resources – Global Oneness Project
Talking About Youth Probation, Diversion and Restorative Justice – The Annie E. Casey Foundation
Community Building Circles
- The Power of the Circle by Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development – ASCD
- The Power of Community Circles – Association for Middle Level Education
- Building Community Restorative Circle – Edutopia
- Connection Circles: How to Establish a Restorative Circle Practice – Eric Rasmussen
- Using Circle to Build Community – Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility
- How Restorative Practices Works for Students and Teachers – NEA
- Developing Community Through Classroom Circles by United Federation of Teachers – UFT
- What Makes a Great Restorative Justice Facilitator? – Lindsey C. Pointer
Restorative Practices Implementation
- 12 Indicators of Restorative Practices Implementation: Checklist for Administrators – Rutgers University
- LMU Restore: Restorative Justice Practices and Conflict Resolution – Loyola Marymount University
Creating a Restorative Campus with Dr. David Karp and Christian Santa Maria – Encounters with Dignity
- How Restorative Justice Helps Students Learn – Edutopia
- What's Your Listening Style? – Harvard Business Review
- How Resilient Are You? – The New York Times
- Texas Fraternity Bias Incident – Skidmore College Project on Restorative Justice
- What is Your Response to the Incident at the Lincoln Memorial on Jan. 18? – The New York Times
- Can Restorative Justice Help the Church Heal from Sex Abuse Scandals – American Magazine
- Restorative Justice: The Future of LMU? – The Los Angeles Loyolan
- Restorative Heartset and Mindset - Ofrenda Magazine
- Seeing the Other: Using Restorative Justice as a Way to Resolve Conflict and Crime – The Nevada Independent
Social Emotional Learning Resources
- What is Social Emotional Learning? – CASEL
- Social Emotional Learning Integration with Academics – CASEL
- Social and Emotional Learning Resources – Edutopia
- 8 Ways a Child's Anxiety Shows Up as Something Else – Go Zen
- Teaching Social Skills to Improve Grades and Lives – The New York Times
- Letting Happiness Flourish in the Classroom – The New York Times
- To Help Students Learn, Engage the Emotions – The New York Times
- Playing Nicely with Others: Why Schools Teach Social Emotional Learning – The New York Times
- Schools Nationwide Push to Measure Students' Emotional Skills – The New York Times
- Empathy and Resilience, Responsibility and Self Care – The New York Times
- Digital Series on Race & Racism – First Book Resources
- Responding to Attacks in El Paso and Dayton – Learning for Justice
- Teachers' Trauma Toolkit by First Book – Maryland State Education Association
- Finding Resolve After the New Zealand Mosque Shootings – Learning for Justice
- Stress: The Unseen Killer – University of Minnesota Libraries
Coronavirus Educator Resources
- Curbing Teacher Burnout During the Pandemic
Teachers are adapting to a host of exhausting new challenges during the coronavirus. We asked educators and other experts for strategies to help address this new form of burnout.
- A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus
Experts from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network share their recommendations for educators supporting students during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Self-care for Educators & Caregivers During a Pandemic
12 tips to help you take care of yourself in the coming weeks and months.
- District Responses to Coronavirus: Examples to Follow
Advocate for students and families during this crisis by using this resource to evaluate your district's response to the coronavirus pandemic and offer recommendations for changes.
- Grading K-12 students during a pandemic: An EdSource Quick Guide
These brief explanatory articles introduce key trends, systems, institutions and debates in California education and the context you need to go deeper.
So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter
- So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter - Winter 2023
- So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter - Fall 2022
- So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter - Summer 2022
- So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter - Spring 2022
- So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter - Winter 2022
- So Cal RJ Consortium Newsletter - Fall 2021