Course & Language Tutoring
Tutoring and other forms of academic support are meant to supplement, not replace, course instruction. Students who attend class regularly, complete their assignments, and meet with faculty during office hours in addition to using the ARC resources will outperform their peers. Course tutoring happens in a group format led by a faculty-recommended peer tutor with some expertise in the subject. Current LMU students are welcome to participate in tutoring.
Typically, during regular academic semesters, the ARC offers course tutoring for the following courses/subjects:
- Dance Kinesiology
- General Chemistry & Organic Chemistry
- PSYC 2001 & PSYC 2003
- Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, & Spanish
Want support for a class that isn't listed above? The ARC can help you form a study group!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all course tutoring will take place via Zoom until further notice. Students must schedule an appointment to meet with a tutor.
Schedule an Appointment
- Sign in to myLMU.
- Click "Writing & Course Tutoring" under Academics.
- The first time you log in, you'll be prompted to register an account.
- Switch between the Writing Center and Course Tutoring schedules with the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the session you plan to attend and complete the appointment form.
- If you can't make it to the session, remember to log back in and cancel your appointment.
Follow this link for more information about WCONLINE, the online scheduling system for the ARC's tutoring programs. Questions about course tutoring? Review our FAQs page or contact the Academic Resource Center.
Math Tutoring Schedule, Summer 2020
|W, Su||7 - 9 P.M.||Zoom|