Course Tutoring at the ARC
Tutoring and other forms of academic support are meant to supplement, not replace, course instruction. We have found that students who attend class regularly, complete their assignments, and meet with faculty during office hours in addition to using the ARC resources tend to outperform their peers. Course tutoring happens in a group format led by a peer tutor with some expertise in the subject. Current LMU students are welcome to participate.
Course tutoring begins on the third week of the semester. Please note, this schedule is subject to change. Students can always find the most up-to-date schedule information in WCONLINE (myLMU > Academics > Writing & Course Tutoring).
Reserve Your Space
Students may drop in to course tutoring sessions, but space is limited in some of our locations. We encourage you to reserve your space in our online scheduling system.
- Sign in to myLMU.
- Click "Writing & Course Tutoring" under Academics.
- The first time you log in, you'll be prompted to register an account.
- Switch between the Writing Center and Course Tutoring schedules with the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the session you plan to attend and complete the appointment form.
- If you can't make it to the session, remember to log back in and cancel your appointment.
Questions about course tutoring? Review our FAQs page or contact the Academic Resource Center.
310-338-2847 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Daum Hall, 2nd floor
Other Campus Tutoring Opportunities
Please be aware that some LMU departments offer tutoring separately from the ARC.
Economics: Spring 2020 Econ Tutoring Schedule