Course & Language Tutoring
Tutoring and other forms of academic support are meant to supplement, not replace, course instruction. Students who attend class regularly, complete their assignments, and meet with faculty during office hours in addition to using the ARC resources will outperform their peers. Course tutoring happens in a group format led by a faculty-recommended peer tutor with some expertise in the subject. Current LMU students are welcome to participate in tutoring.
The ARC is currently offering course tutoring for the following courses/subjects:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Information Management Systems
- General Chemistry & Organic Chemistry
- PSYC 2001 & PSYC 2003
- Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, & Spanish
Want support for a class that isn't listed above? The ARC can help you form a study group!
View the Tutoring Schedule & Make an Appointment
- Sign in to myLMU.
- Click "Writing & Course Tutoring" under Academics.
- The first time you log in, you'll be prompted to register an account.
- Switch between the Writing Center and Course Tutoring/Language Tutoring schedules with the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- Use the "limit to" dropdown menu above the schedule to limit tutors shown by the courses for which they tutor.
- Click on the session you plan to attend and complete the appointment form.
- Note your tutor's location when you book the appointment! If meeting online, simply open your appointment form and click the Zoom link or the red "start or join online consultation" link.
- If you can't make it to the session, remember to log back in and cancel your appointment.
Follow this link for more information about WCONLINE, the online scheduling system for the ARC's tutoring programs. Questions about course tutoring? Review our FAQs page or contact the Academic Resource Center.
Watch a quick tutorial about how to schedule an appointment for course or language tutoring. This video demonstrates how to navigate WCONLINE schedules and use the "limit to" function to identify course-specific tutors.
Tutoring outside of the ARC
Please be aware that some departments offer tutoring separately from the ARC. Find tutoring information for Biology, Engineering, and Physics on the Seaver Center for Student Success page.
View the tutoring schedule for Computer Science here. Tutors meet with students in Discord. Contact Masao Kitamura, Manager of Lab Facilities for Electrical and Computer Engineering, for more information.