I. By attending a one-time writing tutoring session, students will:
- Engage in conversations about audience awareness and the purpose and message of their text to demonstrate they understand the rhetorical situation.
- Engage in conversations about recursive invention and revision strategies to improve their work to demonstrate they understand writing is an open-ended process.
- Identify the main points discussed in sessions to plan the next step in revising their work.
II. By the end of the semester, students attending weekly writing tutoring sessions will:
- Engage in conversations about audience awareness and the purpose and message of their text to demonstrate they understand the rhetorical situation:
- Students will respond to the needs of different audiences.
- Students will use appropriate voice, tone, and level of formality
- Students will use appropriate format and structure.
- Students will develop flexible strategies for generating, revising, editing, and proofreading.
- Students will address global concerns before sentence-level concerns.
- Students will find, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize outside sources.
- Students will integrate their own ideas with outside sources.