CURes faculty and staff lead an annual urban ecology summer course titled "The Living City" for high school students through the LMU Pre-College Summer Programs office. The program is open to students from across the United States and around the world. This two-week immersion program allows prospective LMU students to:
- Explore how biology, chemistry, botany, ecology, social science, and engineering intersect to help urban ecologists find solutions to the complex environmental and social challenges facing urban communities
- Visit local ecological sites, such as Ballona Discovery Park and the Ballona Wetlands, the last remaining wetland in Los Angeles
- Participate in hands-on, applied urban ecology research
- Learn cutting-edge field research protocols
- Experience life as an LMU college freshman by living on campus, attending lectures and labs, and participating in workshops focused on career development, Ignatian Leadership, and other topics
Interested students or parents can contact CURes at CURes@lmu.edu for more information.