Job Training Programs
LMU Extension offers more than 130 job training certificate programs.
Our programs are tailored for adult learners seeking a career change, professionals advancement, or just acquiring new skills. All are welcome to register.
Our certificate programs are approved by the The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), a federally funded job training program for job seekers, dislocated workers, youth, foster care participants, incumbent workers, new entrants to the workforce, veterans, persons with disabilities, and employers. Before enrolling, see if you qualify.
For questions regarding WIOA or Voucher enrollments, please contact email@example.com.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded training and job program that creates a new approach, providing workforce investment activities through statewide and local systems. Authorized workforce investment activities provided at the local level benefit job seekers, dislocated workers, youth, foster care participants, incumbent workers, new entrants to the workforce, veterans, persons with disabilities, and employers.
These activities promote an increase in employment, job retention, earnings, and occupational skill attainment by participants. This outcome improves the quality of the workforce, reduces welfare dependency, and enhances the productivity and competitiveness of the nation.
Who Qualifies for WIOA funding?
Many people can qualify for WIOA grants. Workforce funding is generally budgeted into Adult, Dislocated Worker, Older Youth, and Younger Youth categories. The majority of funding is budgeted toward adult and dislocated workers whose current job skills are out of date or will be soon. Clients seek training to update current skills or learn skills for a new career if his or her current occupation is not in demand.
What is the approval process for WIOA Participants?
Prospective WIOA participants must visit a WorkSource center to find out if they are eligible to receive WIOA grant funding. Prospective students who are good candidates for the program will meet with a WIOA Counselor who will help guide them through the WIOA process. Typically, participants are required to complete a series of workshops and assessment tests.
Qualifying participants will research approved training providers and programs to determine which is the best fit for their needs. Once students have chosen a school and training program, the school may have to submit a training proposal to the WIOA counselor.
LMU Extension is listed locally with the Intrastate Training Resources and Information Network (I-Train):
- Vendor Name: LMU Extension
- Vendor Number: 0086022
- State Provider ID: 2480
What is a WorkSource center?
A WorkSource center is an office that provides employment-related services to individuals, including job listings, career advising, and training referrals. WIOA counselors (also called case managers, case advisors, and/or career counselors/specialists) meet with potential clients at the WorkSource centers. Together, the potential client and counselor go through the process to determine whether that individual meets the qualifications to receive a training grant. Individuals that qualify to receive a WIOA training grant then research schools and programs in their chosen career field. Though the final decision on which school the client attends is always up to the client, counselors can recommend schools for the client to research as well as provide the clients with brochures or fliers from approved training providers.
To begin the process, please visit your local site, Clients of Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) program sites, Employment Development Department (EDD) offices, and WorkSource centers fill out the online Participant Registration form at: http://www.i-train.org/default1.asp
View All Programs by Category
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Certified Green Supply Chain Professional
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (Exam Cost Included)
- Chartered Tax Professional for California Residents
- Entrepreneurship: Start-Up and Business Owner Management
- Event Management and Design
- Fitness Business Management
- Global Business Professional
- Hotel Management
- Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2017
- Project Management Essentials with CAPM Prep
- The Complete Project Management with CAPM-PMP Prep
- Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Specialist 2016 (Vouchers Included)
- CompTIA™ A+ Certification Training (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ A+ with ITIL Foundation (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- CompTIA™ Certification Training: A+, Network+, Security
- CompTIA™ Certification Training: A+, Network+, Security (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ Cloud+ Certification Training Voucher Included
- CompTIA™ Network+ Certification Training (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ Project+ (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ Security+ Certification Training
- Mastering Project Management with Microsoft Project 2016 (Software Included)
- Microsoft Access 2016 Certification Training (Voucher Included)
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Certification Training
- Microsoft Office 2016 Master Certification Training
- Microsoft Office 2016 Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- Microsoft Office Specialist 2016 (MOS) Certification Training
- Microsoft Office Specialist 2016 (MOS) Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- Robotics Technician
- The Complete Project Manager with Microsoft Project 2019 (Software Included)
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Process Technician
- Substance Use Disorders Counseling
- Behavioral Health Counseling
- Certificate in Family Mediation
- Certificate in Mediation and Arbitration
- Certificate in Mediation and Restorative Justice
- Child Development Associate Training
- Child Development Associate Training Renewal
- Peer Specialist for Veterans
- Peer Specialist for Youth
- Peer Support Specialist
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- CBCS Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- CBCS Medical Billing and Coding (Voucher Included)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) + Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) (Vouchers Included)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist + Medical Terminology (Vouchers Included)
- Certified EKG Technician
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist (Voucher Included)
- Certified Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Exam Included)
- Certified Physical Therapy Aide
- Certified Professional Life Coach
- Clinical Dental Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- CPC Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- CPC Medical Billing and Coding (Exam Voucher Included)
- Dental Office Manager
- Fitness Business Management
- Medical Interpreter (Spanish/English)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Exam Preparation (Exam Voucher Included)
- NCSF Certified Strength Coach
- NCSF Sports Nutrition Specialist
- Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness, and Sport
- Optician Certification Training
- Pharmacy Technician (Exam Voucher Included)
- Professional Recovery Coach
- Veterinary Assistant
- Information Security Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- Information Security Training (Vouchers Included)
- IT Security Survival Training (Vouchers Included)
- ITIL Capability Expert (Vouchers Included)
- ITIL Lifecycle Expert (Vouchers Included)
- Management for IT Professionals
- SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner