Tracking Student Hours
Faculty are responsible for keeping track of their students’ declining hours. To see how many hours a student has reported and has been paid for as of the most recent payroll date, you may run a report at any time by logging into mylmu:
- Click on System Logins (top left of your screen)
- Click on Report Generator, then on Student Labor Costing Report
- In the Start date, enter the first day a student could have worked in the current semester
- In the End date, enter “today’s” date
- Press Download Report
- An Excel spreadsheet should download and automatically open on your computer
Salary & Allowable Working Hours
Undergraduate students are paid $15.00 per hour. Graduate students are paid $15.25 per hour. Students may not work more than 20 hours per week during school sessions, 40 hours per week during school vacations, 8 hours per day, and 6 consecutive days in a work week (Sunday through Saturday). Any work beyond these amounts earns overtime pay. Any overtime paid will deplete the award balance more quickly.
MyTime / Student Payment
System Hours that exceed your approved allocation will be paid out of your department or School/College budget.
- The person designated as the student’s supervisor (the faculty member or an authorized administrative assistant) is responsible for approving student MyTime hours. All students must enter their hours in MyTime in order to be paid. If you have questions regarding MyTime, please contact Payroll at 310.338.2713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The person designated as the student’s supervisor (the faculty member or an authorized administrative assistant) must keep track of the number of hours worked and to ensure that MyTime is submitted and approved in accordance with the student payroll schedule so that students are paid in a timely manner.
- Students who exceed their award may have their financial aid award affected. Please have the student check with the Financial Aid Office for more information.