The scanning station is available as a resource for students registered with the Disability Support Services (DSS) Office. Students interested in using this resource will need to schedule a time with the DSS Office to be properly trained before using the equipment.
Students will not be able to share or reproduce any materials scanned on the scanning station to ensure that no harm befalls the copyright holder.
Copyright regulations deem that:
- All items that are being reproduced must have been purchased by the student.
- No audio version of the text should be commercially available.
- No reproducing of third party items will be allowed, such as texts borrowed from a friend or the library.
- All items scanned have a no use by others restriction.
Please note that the student will be held responsible for any damage to the scanning station which occurs while in use.
Guidelines regarding the scanning station:
- The student must receive proper training from a member of the DSS staff before using the equipment.
- When the student is ready to scan their books it is their responsibility to provide the DSS Office with the original receipt of the text to be scanned as proof of purchase.
- At this time the student will sign a Scanning Agreement for each text to be scanned.
- Students will then be able to set up an appointment with the DSS Office.
- Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance in order to use the equipment.
- The scanning station may be reserved in 2 hour increments.
- Students may not have personal belongings or food/drink at the scanning station. They may only have the texts for which they have signed Scanning Agreements.
- Students must give the DSS Office notice of a cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their scheduled appointment.